Today’s grocery shopping was the worst kind of trip. Totally unorganized. In a hurry. I just started grabbing random vegetables and proteins, then threw my hands up when I got home and thought to myself, “Well, sh*t, what does all of this make!?” Prior planning was just not in the cards when Whole
Foods Paycheck is packed and you’re rushing to go pick up the kiddos from the grandparents.
Introducing a meal that’s perfect for these kinds of manic grocery trips. It requires some chopping and a sheet pan. That’s it.
Of course this was also a day when B refused to nap, so she watched me cut vegetables while demanding that I pick her up every two minutes. At least there was playdough for C to play with (see the post here if you missed it!).
Look at those vegetables. Does that make you so happy? Oh, it’s just me?
Okay, here’s the deal. Cut up all of those veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, red onion, garlic, and red bell pepper).
Mix 1 tbs. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and 2 tsp. lemon pepper in a small bowl.
Spread the olive oil mixture on the veggies, making sure to coat everything.
Stick that bad boy in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in that same bowl, combine 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp, pepper, and 1 tsp. sweet paprika.
Toss that mixture with your shrimp.
When your vegetables come out, go ahead and put the raw shrimp over the veggies, spreading them evenly. Bake for another 6-7 minutes.
Voila! 20ish minutes total cook time. 5 minutes of chopping.
I made rice out of a bag to go with it. I wish I would have taken a picture of the package before tossing it because it’s truly the best. You microwave the rice in the package for two minutes. Bam. You have the best jasmine rice ever.
Plate it fancy and serve.
- 1 1/2 lbs. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 c. broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 c. baby bella mushrooms, sliced (I used a whole package pre-cut)
- 1 red bell pepper, large diced
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 3-4 tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. Pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. Salt, divided
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- Preheat oven to 425
- Combine your veggies and garlic on large sheet pan
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tbs. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp. lemon pepper.
- Toss and coat the veggies.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl combine 1 tbs. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and 1 tsp. paprika (although I could probably use a lot more paprika…I was being pretty conservative because of the kiddos)
- Toss and coat the shrimp with the mixture.
- Place raw shrimp on top of the vegetables when the 15 minutes is up.
- Bake another 6-7 minutes.
- Serve over rice or just by itself!
Then it’s back to business as usual. This is C instructing B to, “Stay on your side of the blue line or else I’m going to have to take the marker away from you, okay?”