It’s a great weeknight meal because it doesn’t require much: coconut milk, yellow curry paste, an onion, baby Yukon potatoes, and some chicken breasts.
As C says, “Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.” You’ll cook the onions…
Add the chicken…
And the curry paste and potatoes.
Add your coconut milk and water to make it nice and creamy.
Let that simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
Serve over some basmati rice. We like to add cilantro (yes, we prefer cilantro rather than your typical parsley).
Oh, hey, flavor!
Here it is!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup yellow curry paste
- 15 baby gold Yukon potatoes, cut into quarters (or eights if they’re on the big side)
- 1 14-ounce can coconut cream or milk
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- cilantro and rice for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium low heat. Add the onions and saute for a few minutes until the onions are fragrant and softened. Add the chicken and curry paste; saute for 3-5 minutes. Add the potatoes and stir to coat with the curry paste.
- Add the coconut cream and 1/2 cup water to the pot – simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are fully cooked, adding more water depending on the consistency you want for the sauce.
- Stir in the brown sugar if you so desire. Serve over basmati rice.