Sheet pan dinners are truly the best way to cook dinner. Is there even another way?
Seriously though — I thought summer was going to be all laid back. Things are at your own pace, life slows own a bit, you have time to explore some other interests, etc. Then summer actually happens — and here it is! It’s hit me like a ton of bricks.
The kids had shrimp with veggies (which have to be separated, of course) and buttered noodles. I can’t help myself and always carb load with them. John has way more discipline than I do. I should have gotten a picture of just the shrimp and vegetables. Oh well! This is delicious tossed with pasta though. I can clearly attest to that.
- 1 1/2 lbs peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 zucchini, 1/4″ sliced
- 1 yellow squash, 1/4″ sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, large diced
- 2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 6 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. Pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. Salt, divided
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- Preheat oven to 425
- Combine your veggies and garlic in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 Tbs. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 2 tsp. lemon pepper.
- Toss and coat the veggies with the olive oil mixture. Spread vegetables in single layer on a large sheet pan.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl combine 3 Tbs. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and 2 tsp. paprika
- Toss and coat the shrimp with the mixture.
- Place raw shrimp on top of the vegetables when the 15 minutes is up.
- Bake shrimp and vegetables for another 6-7 minutes.
- Serve over rice or just by itself!