- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
This cake takes about 20 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to bake. That ain’t bad!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two nine inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer. Stir in the boiling water last. Batter will be thin. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- ½ c unsalted butter
- 2/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 1/3 c milk
Melt butter in the microwave. Stir in the cocoa powder. Alternate between adding sugar and milk, and beat until it’s a spreading consistency. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add more milk if necessary.