Delicious. Crunchy on the outside. Moist on the inside. It’s calling your name! What else are you going to do with those brown bananas just sitting in your “fruit” tray that really has much more than fruit in it (medicine, chocolate, etc.)?
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 over-ripe bananas, mashed (or 3 if they’re huge)
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add eggs and mashed bananas until well combined
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt to creamed mixture until just combined
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan
- Bake for 60 minutes
- For all my vegans out there, you can substitute vegetable shortening for the butter and two kid’s cups of applesauce for the eggs!
- Make then muffins by baking for approximately 22 minutes! I pretended these were cupcakes and sent them to school for C’s 1st birthday.
- Add walnuts, dates, pecans, chocolate chips, or peanut butter chocolate chips
- Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Make mini loaves and give them as gifts to friends, co-workers, teachers, with a cup of coffee or gift certificate to Starbucks (this is my next project maybe?)
I didn’t say it was the HEALTHY kind of banana bread. I just said it was the world’s best. 😉 I’ll post a healthier recipe soon. Until then…enjoy!