This no-bake chocolate tart is one of my favorite desserts of all time. It's chocolatey and smooth on the inside with an equally amazing crust.
With less than 10 ingredients total, this chocolate raspberry tart is everything you could ask for in a dessert: packed full of chocolate and the best possible texture (smooth and creamy). It also takes about 10 minutes TOTAL to throw together because it's NO BAKE people!
A dessert made for every diet.
This is one of those desserts that (most) anyone can enjoy, regardless of what diet they're on or fad-of-the-year they're on to this month (not knocking it...but it's a lot to keep up with!). This chocolate tart is gluten free, Paleo friendly, has no refined sugar AND is vegan. It's gluten free because the crust's base is made with almond flour, so this dessert is definitely not for people with a nut allergy. We don't want any hospital trips around here.
I made this for our two friends Doug and Rory who just celebrated their 7th anniversary. I originally was going to make them a pumpkin roll, but if you follow me on Instagram you know that was an epic fail. This tart is a little romantic, right? With the chocolate and raspberries?
This tart is going to become a staple in our household. In fact, if you invite me to any party between now and forever, I will likely be bringing this.
Coconut oil: What else can I use it for?
A million things. I use it in place of canola or vegetable oil in a lot of baked goods and in a few of my favorite dinners:
- These healthy baked coconut shrimp are from another planet. So easy and so freakin' delicious. These are hands-down my favorite way to eat shrimp.
- These healthy apple muffins or pumpkin muffins are delicious if you're into a seasonally hearty muffin (who isn't?!) that also have no refined sugar in them.
Happy anniversary to two of our favorite people!
No Bake Chocolate Raspberry Tart
For the crust:
- 1 ¾ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I prefer Valrhona)
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- ¾ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate finely chopped (I use Ghirardelli)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ heaping cup raspberry preserves make sure it doesn’t have any added sugar if you’re looking to avoid refined sugars
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Lightly grease a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crust and stir together with a spoon. Press mixture evenly into tart pan; set aside.
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a medium-sized bowl. In a separate small bowl, microwave coconut milk until it starts to bubble and boil in the microwave. Pour hot coconut milk over chocolate, cover bowl with saran wrap and let sit for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, whisk chocolate and coconut milk mixture until creamy. Whisk in vanilla extract and raspberry preserves. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Garnish the top with raspberries. Place tart in refrigerator to set and cool for at least an hour.