Made with a peach simple syrup and fresh peaches, this peach mojito takes regular mint mojitos to the next level!
Move over, regular mint mojitos! The quarantine drink of choice is now PEACH MOJITOS. This is the brain child of my husband, who's our resident mixologist so I actually can't take any credit for this recipe, but I'm definitely including it on the site because it's the best cocktail I've had in a long time.
I must say I was a little skeptical at first. I didn't think peaches and mint would necessarily be the tastiest combination but like any good wife that makes sacrifices for her family, I agreed to consume them if my husband made them. See how nice I am?
It's one of the freshest tasting cocktails I've had in a long time -- made with real peaches (Georgia peaches, if you're lucky!) and a few other simple ingredients.
They Don't Call It Simple Syrup for Nothin'
First, you'll have to make a peach simple syrup. Don't worry. It's easy and takes approximately 5 minutes of your time.
You will boil peaches (cut and peeled) with water and sugar for 3 minutes while mashing the peaches until they infuse with the sugar water. Let the mixture cool a bit, then strain out the peach pulp until you're left with this gorgeous orange syrup that can be used in a million different drinks -- peach green tea lemonade being one of my favorites (like the kind from Starbucks!).
Ingredients You'll Need
- peaches (4 total)
- granulated sugar
- white rum
- club soda
- fresh mint
How to Make Peach Mojitos
STEP 1: Make your peach simple syrup (see above)
STEP 2: Prepare your glasses
This means muddling your mint in the bottom of each one and adding ice. I muddle with the back of a spatula because I don't own a muddler. Set the glasses aside for a hot minute.
STEP 3: Blend everything but soda together.
In a blender, blend your peaches, lime juice, lemon juice, peach simple syrup and rum together until the peaches are smooth and pulverized.
STEP 4: Pour the deliciousness over your ice and add soda.
Pour cocktail into each of your glasses, top with club soda, and add more mint to garnish. This'll be your favorite cocktail of summer!
Make it a Mocktail
If you're pregnant, don't care for alcohol, or don't drink alcohol for whatever reason, this drink is absolutely perfect for making alcohol-free because it's so flavorful without the alcohol. Just add more club soda. You won't miss it.
Other Cocktails to Enjoy
Summertime Peach Mojitos
For peach simple syrup:
- 2 peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
For the peach mojito:
- 2 large peaches, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup peach simple syrup (see above)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 2 cups white rum
- juice from one lime
- 1 cup club soda
- ½ cup firmly packed mint leaves plus extra for garnishing
- In a medium sauce pan, boil peaches, sugar, and water for about 3 minutes. Smash peaches while mixture is boiling. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Strain peaches out of syrup and into jar. Place in the refrigerator for about one hour to get slightly chilled.
- In the bottom of 4 glasses, muddle mint leaves using the back of a spatula to release some of the mint and break leaves up. Add ice to each glass. Set aside.
- Place peaches, peach simple syrup, lemon juice, lime juice, and rum in a blender or food processor until pulverized. Pour peach mixture over ice. Top with soda and more mint. Enjoy!