This Georgia girl knows her peach recipes, and if you have ripe peaches ready to go, you’ve gotta make this Peach Bourbon Cocktail with Rosemary.
I’m a Georgia girl, so you know I’m super into peaches. My mother-in-law was nice enough to get me a subscription to The Peach Truck, so the kids and I have been eating peaches non-stop for the last 3 weeks and we still have so many more weeks to go (thank goodness!).
This is the perfect cocktail for one of those days (like every day) where the kids are driving you nuts and you need to drown out their whining with an adult beverage. On the porch. Alone. While they’re killing each other inside the house.
This Peach Bourbon Cocktail with Rosemary is so refreshing thanks to fresh peaches, is slightly sweetened with a rosemary simple syrup, and is deceivingly strong thanks to your favorite bourbon.
Ingredients You’ll Need for a Peach Bourbon Cocktail
There’s only 5 total ingredients. You got this!
- granulated sugar
- rosemary leaves
Rosemary Simple Syrup
The part where you have to plan advance to make this is in the rosemary simple syrup. You can definitely substitute regular simple syrup if you already have the regular syrup on hand.
The rosemary simple syrup just adds much more flavor to the drinks and is a surprisingly delicious pairing with the peaches.
How to Make This Cocktail
Start by making the simple syrup, which is just boiling equal parts water and sugar and throwing a few sprigs of rosemary into a saucepan. Once the mixture has boiled, let the mixture cool for a few minutes before straining and placing in the refrigerator until cool (at least one hour).
When your rosemary simple syrup is cooled, process peaches, bourbon, rosemary simple syrup, and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth. Pour the mixture into two cups with ice, garnish with peach slices and rosemary sprigs and…
Voila! You have a deliciously refreshing and fresh peach cocktail!
The Many Uses of Peaches – Other Peach Recipes
- Easiest Summer Peach Tart
- Tomato and Peach Salad with Whipped Goat Cheese
- Perfect Peach Galettes
- Peach Sweet Tea
Here’s to a little alcohol to hold on to what little sanity we have left!
Peach Bourbon Cocktail with Rosemary
For the simple syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves (about 4-5 large sprigs)
To make the cocktail:
- 2 peaches, peeled, seed removed and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons rosemary simple syrup
- 3 ounces bourbon (or 2 shots)
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- sliced peaches and sprigs of rosemary, optional for garnish
- To make simple syrup, combine sugar, water, and rosemary leaves in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring until all of the sugar dissolves. Simmer for another couple of minutes, then remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes before straining. Once simple syrup is cooled, place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a food processor, combine the peaches, simple syrup, lemon juice, and bourbon. Process for about 15 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Pour cocktail into two glasses and top with ice. Enjoy with rosemary and peach garnish.