There's no better football food then easy appetizers that you can put together to make a delicious meal -- and these Easy Garlic Knots fit the bill!
***This post has been updated in September 2020 with new copy -- but it's the same great recipe! Enjoy!***
These Easy Garlic Knots Use Shortcuts
These quick and soft garlic knots are made from pre-made pizza dough -- so they are only semi-homemade. Using pre-made pizza dough saves you at least an hour's worth of work. I use Pillsbury pizza dough for these garlic knots but any kind will do.
Also, if you want to make this easy garlic knot recipe even easier, then use the microwave to melt the butter (more on that below).
If you're into making a homemade dough though, this one is my favorite recipe.
Make the Garlic Herb Butter
The garlic herb butter is what makes these garlic knots so delicious (well, and the parmesan on top). Here's how to make:
In a small saucepan, heat the butter and garlic under medium heat until melted and sizzling, about 2 minutes. Be sure not to burn butter. Turn heat down if it begins to burn.
Then add your fresh herbs and saute for another 1-2 minutes until just fragrant. Take off the heat and set aside.
Make Them Your Own
If you're really into the kind of garlic bread that is sopping wet from butter, these garlic knots aren't it. You'll probably want to double or even triple the butter. I prefer just a hint of butter on my garlic bread without it feeling like my stomach could be rung out afterward.
Also, use whatever fresh herbs you have in your refrigerator. Here, I used thyme and parsley because that's what I had. Basil, oregano...whatever. It'll be delicious.
Favorite Things to Serve with The Knots
- MEATBALLS! These Meatballs with Sneaky Spinach are by far my favorite.
- Smashed Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
Happy garlic knotting!
As always, if you make anything from the blog, be sure to let me know! I love hearing from you in the comments on this post below or find Worn Slap Out on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Easy Garlic Knots with Herbs
- 1 package of pre-made pizza dough here, I used Pillsbury
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped (plus more for garnish)
- ⅓ cup fresh parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and garlic under medium heat until melted and sizzling, about 2 minutes. Be sure not to burn butter. Turn heat down if it begins to burn. Add fresh herbs and saute for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough until it's a 14 x 8 rectangle. (If you're using Pillsbury, it's already in a rectangle and you can just stretch dough out with your hands)
- Using a pastry brush, brush dough with the butter mixture. Cut dough into 8 strips with a pizza cutter. Roll each strip of dough into a rope, then tie the dough in a knot. Set knots on parchment paper. Add any more butter to any parts of the knot not coated. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until dough is lightly browned. Remove from the oven, top with parsley, and serve with a side of meatballs and/or marinara sauce.
Let Me Know What You Think!