Soft and chewy, these Peanut Butter Blossom cookies are topped with a Hershey kiss for a delicious bite of chocolate in the center. It's no wonder this classic cookie is everyone's favorite.
Recently a friend told me peanut butter blossom cookies were overrated. What?! Are you even my friend? How is this possible? I'm not exactly sure how these became a Christmas cookie, but I don't even care. They're delicious. At any decent Pennsylvania wedding (which we didn't have...but we have a lot of family in Pennsylvania), it's traditional to have a cookie table, where close friends and family bake cookies to serve during the reception. These peanut butter blossom cookies are always on the table...and I'm always ready to reach for these first.
On a scale from 1-10, how much do you love peanut butter blossom cookies? A 14? Yep. Me, too.
Kid Approved Cookies
I can't really think of another time that I eat Hershey kisses during the year, but they are absolutely essential in these cookies.
The kids love unwrapping each of the Hershey kisses and then sneaking some under the table to eat when they think I don't know what they're doing down there. It's a fun way to get them involved in baking.
Let's rejoice in the fact that it's time for cookie season. What're you baking this year?
More Christmas Cookies
Check out these Classic Peanut Butter and Chocolate Buckeyes (who also doesn't love these things?!), Lemon Crinkle Cookies (made from boxed cake mix...I ain't scared!), or these No Bake Chocolate and Peanut Butter cookies, which also are a cult cookie classic (is that a thing? It should be, if not!).
If you're a little cookied out, Josie from Josie + Nina has the most flaky, buttery Danish pastry in honor of her MIL. Kendell also has so many amazing treats up, like this Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti. So dunkable!
Classic Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of butter ½ cup, at room temperature
- ½ heaping cup of creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar plus more for rolling
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package 11 oz. Hershey's Kisses
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt together; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, peanut butter, ½ cup granulated sugar and packed light brown sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat until well blended. Slowly add in flour mixture until all ingredients are well combined. Refrigerator dough for about 30 minutes to let it harden up a bit.
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with nonstick liner or non-stick spray. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll cookies in sugar and place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake until light brown and puffed, about 7 or 8 minutes. Remove sheet from oven and press an unwrapped Hershey's kiss into center of each cookie. Cookie will crack slightly...this is okay!
- Put cookies back in the oven for another 2 to 3 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on a wire wrack before dominating every single last one of them.